Academic experts agree: Preschool is a vital step to make sure your children are ready for prekindergarten and kindergarten. Academic research shows that preschool programs have made a positive impact on early literacy, social emotional learning, and academic success, according to a recent study.
Experiences in preschool curriculum like STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) offered at Kid E Nation pave the way for student success later in life.
Here are the Top 5 reasons you should enroll your child in preschool
- Building independence. Young children benefit from learning to take care of themselves and others in a structured preschool environment that stresses play and learning. For many, it helps ease the transition later to pre-kindergarten and kindergarten by making sure children are comfortable in a secure atmosphere away from their parents with trained, caring teachers in an academic setting.
- Developing social skills: Children transition to a classroom setting, learning to share and play with their peers. Young children learn social skills and emotional self-control in “real time.” “Three- and 4-year-olds learn through their experiences and good teachers make time for those ‘teachable moments’ when they can help children learn to manage frustrations or anger,” according to greatschools.org
- Recognizing shapes, colors and objects: Preschool structured activities can help children learn to recognize objects and colors, Teachers can help nurture a child’s curiosity by using their interests and ideas to create fun educational activities.
- Getting a head start on reading and math: Learning their ABC’s and how to count to 10 can set the stage for a successful transition to kindergarten and elementary school. High-quality preschool programs introduce early literacy and math skills not as isolated exercises, but in the context of activities that are interesting and meaningful to children, according to greatschools.org.
- Developing motor skills: Through outdoor play and activities children can develop fine motor skills. At Kid E Nation, we allow time for children to run, climb and play active games, developing physically, as well.
In Kid E Nation’s structured preschool curriculum, children flourish and develop self-esteem, independence, self-respect, problem solving skills and how to communicate with their peers. We educate the “whole-child” – physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and by giving them the tools to help them make the “right choices.”
Check out our preschool at Kid E Nation, where creative minds build bright futures.